Forums » News and Announcements

f this Test. He is the first West Indies batsman

• December 18, 2017 11:30 PM GMT

NEW YORK -- She turns her disappointment into triumph. Her grief into joy. Her rejections into approvals. If no one believes in her it does not matter. She believes in herself. Nothing stops her. No one can touch her. She is woman.So said Serena Williams via loudspeaker Monday as part of a female-power soundtrack for a runway show of her Serena Williams Signature Statement collection for HSN during New York Fashion Week.Williams interspersed the long-form poem that she wrote and recited on the soundtrack with music from women only, including her buddy Beyonces Lemonade.I wrote it right after Wimbledon and during the Olympics, and I just was in this moment of I want to empower women, she explained in a backstage interview.It was right around the time I was asked, `How do you feel about being the greatest female athlete? and I was, like, they never ask men that. I wanted to give women strength. I played it for Beyonce and she loved it.The idea, said the tennis great, was to carry that strength and unity into the clothes into her third show. The fall collection of soft faux shearlings, feminine black lace, ivories, touches of soft stretchy leather and classic wool maxi coats in gray and black was available immediately on HSN as Williams joined the see now, buy now push thats become increasingly common during Fashion Week.She paired dainty stovepipe leggings in a soft rose with long, matching vests and cardigans, a velvet and fur-trimmed dress with sexy pumps, and a black lace gown worn over high-waisted shorts. And she included knits in a Merlot and touches of fall green.The sophistication spoke to her years in fashion, along with her sister, Venus, who focuses on athleisure wear for another company. Are they competitive in fashion as well as tennis?It is very competitive spirit, but were in totally different fields, Serena smiled. Shes into more sportswear and Im into more ready-to-wear, and more sportswear, too.Her older sis was on hand front row to cheer Williams on. So how does Venus feel about some friendly sisterly competition?We give each other confidence, so if your sister likes it you know its going to be OK, Venus said. Your sister always tells you the truth. We definitely help each other out and give suggestions. And thats the way sisters should be.Williams won Wimbledon this year but lost in the semifinals at the U.S. Open. She tied with Steffi Grafs Grand Slam record of 22. She also tied Grafs record until this week as the No. 1 female player in the world for 186 weeks.Asked if getting back to No. 1 is a top priority, Williams responded: Right now Im focused on fashion and then when Im not Im focused on Grand Slams. I always love having goals. Buccaneers Stitched Jerseys .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. http://www.authenticbuccaneersshopnfl.com/ . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Buccaneers Official Jerseys . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. 10 Series wins for Misbah-ul-Haq as captain in Tests - most by an Asian captain. He went past Sourav Ganguly and MS Dhoni, who registered nine series wins. For Pakistan, Javed Miandad won eight series.5-0 Pakistans win-loss record after nine Tests in Abu Dhabi, which is also the venue where they have won the most matches without suffering a single loss. Their record at the other UAE grounds is: 6-2 in Dubai and 4-3 in Sharjah.2014 Last time Pakistan won the first two matches of a Test series - against Australia in the UAE. There only two matches in that series. The last time Pakistan won the first two matches in a series of three or more matches was against England in 2011-12.1 The 322 that West Indies made was their highest fourth-innings total against Pakistan - passing their 317 for 2 in Georgetown in 1957-58. It was the fifth-highest by any team against Pakistan, and the second-highest in the UAE, behind Pakistans 343 for 3 against South Africa in 2010-11 in Dubai.4 Series in which West Indies have batted 100 or more overs in the fourth innings, twice. West Indies batted 109 overs in the first Test and 108 overs in the second in this series. The last time they accomplished this was during the Frannk Worrell Trophy at home in 1998-99.dddddddddddd12 Wickets for Yasir Shah in Tests. He joined George Lohmann and Sydney Barnes as the bowlers with the most wickets after their first 18 matches. Yasir also became the second player to take over 50 Test wickets in the UAE, after Saeed Ajmal.7 Pakistan bowlers have taken two ten-wicket hauls in a single year of Test cricket, Yasir the latest. His 10 for 210 in this match followed the 10 for 141 he took at Lords against England. Only Abdul Qadir has taken more than two 10-fors in a year for Pakistan - three in 1987.5 for 96 Shannon Gabriels figures in the first innings, his his best in Tests, which had previously been 3 for 10.210 Runs conceded by Yasir in this Test - fourth-most by a Pakistan bowler taking 10 wickets. The most expensive 10-wicket haul for Pakistan is Qadirs 11 for 218 against Australia in Faisalabad in 1982.95 Jermaine Blackwoods score in the fourth innings of this Test. He is the first West Indies batsman since Darren Ganga, in Auckland in 2005-06, to be dismissed in the 90s in the fourth innings of a match. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '