Forums » News and Announcements

global events - the 2015 World Cup and the 2016

• December 15, 2017 11:34 PM GMT

L.A. Clippers coach Doc Rivers said ?there was nothing wrong ?with people protesting Donald Trumps election victory but that they should be open to giving the president-elect the opportunity to prove himself.The election didnt go the way I wanted it to go, Rivers said after the Clippers 111-80 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. I personally know Donald Trump. Ive golfed with him and I know him. I dont think theres anyone who runs for president that wants to do bad. I really dont. So, you know, he won. My take on it: lets give him a chance and see what he can do. Thats the only way anyway now. So, lets go with that.Rivers had also addressed the election results in Wednesdays pregame media availability where he had affirmed his belief in the American electoral system.Donald Trump is going to be fine as president, Rivers said during that session. Thats something I never thought I would have to say. Honestly. At the end of the day, he will be because I just believe America, overall, works. Theres a Congress, a Senate, and its going to work out.Rivers was surprised by Trumps victory in the presidential race, but cited civic responsibility and an old sports adage when sharing his thoughts on the president-elect.I think sports shouldve helped us before the election, Rivers continued. Never underestimate your opponent is the one thing I saw from the beginning. And, honestly, you guys know I know, I guess, President Trump. Thats the first time Ive said that. Oh boy. And he was underestimated. He really was from the beginning.And, I think we talk about in sports every night, dont underestimate your opponent. And, after defeat, the sun comes back up and you get back to work. In the political process, the way to get back to work is to actually get out and vote, you know, instead of protest. A lot of people didnt vote, and then they wake up the next morning and theyre upset.And, I think, the one thing this thing taught me again, is how powerful the vote is. Its extremely powerful. Rural America went out and voted. Inner-city America did not. You can make a case that people in inner cities didnt want to vote because theres not been a lot of change for them. And, theyre tired of voting. They want some action. So, thats what I saw last night.The Clippers coach reiterated his belief in the importance of participation in the political process as a means of activism for those unhappy with the results of Tuesday night and expressed optimism in moving forward as a nation.But, if you dont like it, you have two years from now to change it -- not the president -- but you can change the Congress, Rivers said. You can change the Senate. If you dont like it, change it. And, you change it by either running or voting. So, I think thats the way. Dont get mad; go do something. Ive said that. I say that to my players. Do something about it. And thats my thing right now -- go do something about it if you want change.The sun came up this morning. There was a time late last night I wasnt sure if it was going happen, but it did. Were all going to be OK, everyone. Were going to be OK.On Monday, Rivers had encouraged people to vote during his pre- and postgame comments. He said he had already voted in Florida, where the Chicago native remains a resident despite living much of the year in Los Angeles. He didnt disclose his choice for president.Portland coach Terry Stotts didnt mince words, saying, I was very disappointed. It wasnt my choice. I hope the country is going to be OK.The Associated Press contributed to this report.? Germany World Cup Jerseys . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. Germany Jerseys From China .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. http://www.cheapgermanyjerseysauthentic.com/ . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. Cheap Football Germany Jerseys . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Replica Germany Jerseys . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. India batsman Rohit Sharma has spoken highly of the sides new head coach Anil Kumble, describing the former India captain as an inspiring figure from whom he had learnt a lot.Rohit played alongside Kumble towards the end of the legspinners India career. The two renewed their professional relationship when Kumble served as Mumbai Indians team mentor from 2013 to 2015, a period during which the team won two IPL titles and a Champions League T20 title. Kumbles first assignment as India coach is the four-Test series in the West Indies in July and August.I have two [three] years of experience [with him] at Mumbai Indians and I know the kind of things we spoke about. I was the captain and he was the coach and mentor of the team. I got to learn a lot from him, Rohit said at an Express Adda event in Mumbai. I was fortunate enough to play with him during the last months before he retired. I remember in 2008, I was part of the Test squad to Sri Lanka and he was the captain. And he always had this attitude of never giving up, which as a young player is so inspiring.You have to keep fighting no matter what. If the game is slipping away from your hands, dont give up till the last ball is bowlled.dddddddddddd Thats how he played his cricket. You get the feeling that he was someone who wouldnt let go too easily. Thats the kind of message that he wanted to send across. Thats the kind of message we also want as young players. Hes very inspiring.Rohit was also full of praise for Ravi Shastri, whose 18-month tenure as India team director came to an end after the World T20 earlier this year. Shastri had been appointed to the role in August 2014, after Indias dismal loss in the Test series in England. During Shastris tenure, India made it to the semi-finals of successive global events - the 2015 World Cup and the 2016 World T20 - and briefly occupied the No. 1 Test ranking earlier this year. Shastri had applied for the position of head coach in June, but his application was ultimately unsuccessful as Kumble was chosen.[Shastri] took up the responsibility when we were in a shambles, Rohit said. As soon as he came, he created a positive atmosphere around us.Rohit added that Shastri had been a big influence on Indian cricket for the past 18 months. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '