Forums » News and Announcements

, a couple of birdies away from making it interesting.

• December 14, 2017 4:56 AM GMT

NEWPORT, R.I. -- Marat Safin enjoyed life as a tennis player, calling it like living in a rock n roll band.That fun-filled journey brought him to the pinnacle of his sport -- induction into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.Safin and Justine Henin were inducted on Saturday during a center-court ceremony on Newports grass courts.They were presented by Hall of Famers Jimmy Connors and Monica Seles.Connors, a 1998 Hall of Famer, called Safin emotional and played with passion. Thats what drew me to him.Seles, inducted in 2009, touched on Henins classic one-handed backhand, saying without question one of the signature shots in tennis history. To be honest, I hated it.Henin is the first player inducted from Belgium. She captured four French Open titles from 2003-07 and said she was inspired watching Seles play.At six-years-old, I was in my bedroom jumping up and down like I won the French Open, she said before sharing a story that she told her mom one day shed win a French title.The 34-year-old also won titles at the U.S. Open twice and one Australian Open to go along with a gold medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics.My beautiful experience was probably the Olympic Games because I could see many people fighting for their countries, she said.Safin entertained the crowd with his speech.Id like to thank all the people that stopped giving me fines for throwing my racket, breaking rackets, he said.During a morning press conference, Safin called one of his top tennis victories -- a championship victory over Pete Sampras at the 2000 U.S. Open -- a complete surprise.I wasnt joking, he said of the Open title. I never played such tennis. I didnt know what was happening. Its amazing to play (like that) out of the blue and say, `Wow, its me.The 36-year-old Safin is the first Russian player to be inducted into the Hall. He won his only other major at the 2005 Australian Open, beating Roger Federer in the semifinals before ousting Lleyton Hewitt.He said it was special visiting the museum for the first time.The first day I was in shock, he said. I was like a kid coming to Disneyland. Its a huge honor to be inducted and be a part of the history.Amelie Mauresmo, inducted last year, was also honored Saturday. She missed the ceremony in 2015 ahead of the birth of her first child.Yeah, Im a bit late, but it was worth it, said Mauresmo, who won Grand Slam titles at Wimbledon and the Australian Open.The 37-year-old Frenchwoman broke into tears at the end of her speech when she talked about the terror attacks in Paris and around the world.Yvon Petra and Peggy Scriven were inducted posthumously in the master player category. Lonzo Ball UCLA Bruins Jersey . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. Lonzo Ball NBA Jersey . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. http://www.lonzoballjerseys.com/ . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Blue Lonzo Ball Jersey . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. White Lonzo Ball Jersey . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. SPRINGFIELD, N.J. -- Two weeks removed from the round of a lifetime, Henrik Stenson was asked to ponder if he left all he had on the west coast of Scotland, a 10-birdie, final-round 63 just 14 days earlier that produced a major championship trophy and memories to be savored.The Claret Jug will forever be part of his trophy case, but it was almost unfair to have to gear up for another major championship so soon. With barely any time to rest or recharge, Stenson, 40, gave it a run Sunday at the PGA Championship, a back-nine double bogey finally derailing his hopes of a second straight major championship.Of course the week took a lot of energy out of me, said Stenson, who shot a final-round 71 to tie for seventh, 6 strokes back of winner Jimmy Walker. We havent got time to recharge. Given all that, Im pretty pleased that I was one of the guys who was up there contending this week. Going to take a lot of positive out of that.Mental fatigue or just not my day ... its hard to say. But I didnt play my best today and I needed to bring a better game today to have a chance.It didnt help that Stenson was unable to play any of the third round on Saturday, which was suspended due to heavy rain and dangerous conditions. He never got on the course after opening the tournament with consecutive 67s, and said it was a missed opportunity.He had to play 36 holes on Sunday -- as did all of those in contention -- and struggled too find any form, even though he shot 67 in the morning to trail Walker by just 2 strokes.ddddddddddddI didnt bring my game and I didnt make a putt all day, I felt like, Stenson said. Despite that, I thought I was hanging good. I was trying to push, which I had to. I was two or three behind coming into the last five or six holes. ... Probably the best shot of the day, a three-quarter 9-iron, I just overcooked it and went long and I made double and that was the end of it for me.That occurred at the par-4 15th, where Stenson was still in the mix, a couple of birdies away from making it interesting. But the double-bogey dropped him back and he played the last three holes in even par.Stenson won his first major two weeks ago then barely had time to enjoy it, as he went home to Sweden for a few days but was besieged with media requests.He came to New Jersey feeling that perhaps the momentum would carry over, and it did for a time. All in all, Im pretty pleased to come off the win at The Open and then be right up there contending the week after, he said.Now it is back to his home in Orlando for the first time since the win at Royal Troon for a few days before heading to Rio de Janeiro, where he will play in the Olympic golf tournament and participate in the Opening Ceremonies on Friday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '