Forums » Support

d during their one-game road tri

• May 25, 2017 8:00 AM BST

MIAMI -- Giancarlo Stanton wasnt happy with his fielding error in the seventh inning, which helped the Texas Rangers tie the game. Antonio Garcia Youth Jersey . Stanton wanted to make up for his blunder in right field, but walked the next two at-bats before hitting an RBI single on a 1-2 count with with two outs in the 10th inning and the Miami Marlins beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 Tuesday night for their third straight win. "I didnt like the sliders that were called so I was already fired up about that, I knew that we were in extra innings because of me so I was already fired up about that, so when I saw (Neftali Feliz) dragging in I was just like, You put us in this situation, just make sure youre calm and collected and get us out," Stanton said. Miami (63-62) surpassed last years total of 62. The Marlins moved over .500 for the first time since June 20. Jeff Baker reached with one out in the 10th on first baseman Mike Carps error. Donovan Solanos infield single with two outs moved Baker to second. Neftali Feliz relieved Neal Cotts (2-7) to face Stanton, who singled to right field. "We had the right guy there and he had a heck of an at-bat and hit a bullet to right," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. Sam Dyson (2-0) struck out the side in the 10th. Marcell Ozuna hit his 17th home run and Christian Yelich had three hits for the Marlins. The Rangers scored twice in the seventh to tie it at 3. Rougned Odor opened with a double off the right-field wall and when Stanton misplayed it for an error, Odor circled the bases. Mike Dunn later walked pinch-hitter Daniel Robertson with the bases loaded. Texas threatened in the ninth with Elvis Andrus on third base and one out, but he got caught off the bag when Robertson pulled back on a potential squeeze bunt. "The pitch had nothing to do with it," Robertson said. "The manager makes the call--calls a squeeze--youve got to get it down. If you have to dive, dive. If you have to jump, jump. Youve got to get it down." The Rangers were 1 for 10 with runners in scoring position. "Thats what we definitely have to get better on, driving in runs when theyre out there," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "We put ourselves in position but we just dont cash them in." Marlins starter Jarred Cosart allowed one run and six hits in six innings. Texas starter Miles Mikolas pitched five innings, allowing three runs and eight hits. He struck out six. Robinson Chirinos RBI groundout gave the Rangers a 1-0 lead in the fourth. Ozunas home run tied it in the bottom half. The Marlins took a 3-1 lead in the sixth on an RBI single by Jarrod Saltalamacchia and a sacrifice fly by Adeiny Hechavarria. TRAINERS ROOM Rangers: Washington was hopeful that RHP Yu Darvish (right shoulder inflammation) would be able to return from the disabled list on Aug. 25, but that appears unlikely as Darvish has not picked up a baseball yet. "Im backing off," Washington said. "I dont know whats going to happen. I guess well just have to wait and see." ... RF Alex Rios was scratched from the starting lineup with a bruised right thumb, but came into the game in the ninth inning. Marlins: LHP Dan Jennings (concussion) threw one scoreless inning in his first rehab assignment with Gulf Coast League Marlins on Tuesday. "Everything went good so I think the plan for him is to throw a couple innings in his next outing in the next couple of days," Redmond said. UP NEXT Miami native Nick Martinez (2-9, 5.27) will start for the Rangers on Wednesday afternoon against Marlins RHP Nathan Eovaldi (6-7, 3.96). BROKEN BAT The Marlins Casey McGehee broke his bat over his right knee after striking out in the bottom of the eighth with two runners left on base. "I wish I wouldnt have done it," McGehee said. "I was just frustrated. Obviously it was a big spot in the game. I just really wasnt happy with the at-bat I put out there. At the end of the day Ive got to be a little bit more grown-up than that." RETURN TO FLORIDA Mikolas, who grew up in nearby Jupiter and played at Nova Southeastern University, had a number of friends and family members in attendance. "It was great, friends and family came out," Mikolas said. "All my coaches and teammates from back at Nova came, my high school coach, my high school teammates. It was fun to know that they were out there. Deatrich Wise Jr. Jersey . Virtanen opened the scoring at 6:45 of the first period, then gave Canada a two-goal lead with a power-play goal 1:03 into the second. Sweden cut the lead in half when Daniel Muzito Bagenda scored a power-play goal at 10:57 of the second.Derek Rivers Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value.The Toronto Maple Leafs hope they find more comfort at home than they did during their one-game road trip. They open a three-game stretch at Air Canada Centre against the Nashville Predators on Tuesday night looking to erase the memory of a humbling 6-2 loss at Buffalo over the weekend. You can watch all the action LIVE on TSN4. Coverage begins at 7:30pm et. The Sabres entered Saturdays contest averaging 1.22 goals and 22.9 shots - both of which rank last in the NHL - and proceeded to torch the Maple Leafs for season highs in goals and shots with 35. We didnt play very well, coach Randy Carlyle told the Leafs official website. Im very disappointed in the way we played. Very frustrated the way we played. Toronto (9-7-2) has lost two in a row, totaling three goals after scoring 16 during the three-game win streak that preceded the defeats. Weve been playing some very good hockey and I think for our team the bottom line is we have to move forward, defenseman Dion Phaneuf said. Its no reason to sit in there and panic about it. We didnt play well enough, hold our head high for next week. Tonights over, theres nothing we can do about it, we move forward. The Leafs will try to do so against a typically stingy Predators team thats succeeding through its defensive play. Nashville (11-4-2) has allowed fewer than 30 shots on goal iin the last four games and 11 of 17 times this season. Antonio Garcia Womens Jersey. The Predators 2.0 goals allowed per game is tied for second in the league. I was happy to see the way we came out and played defensively, coach Peter Laviolette said following a 2-1 victory over Winnipeg on Saturday - the 400th of his career. We kept pushing, and even when the game was tied, we were throwing shots at the net. James Neal scored his ninth goal of the season. Rookie Filip Forsberg will be looking to get back on track after having his six-game goal streak snapped. The Predators also play at Ottawa on Thursday before returning home. Itll be nice to have a break and go up north and east to play some Canadian teams, center Mike Ribeiro said. Its always nice to play teams like the Leafs ... Well take it one game at a time, but we know we have to play better against those teams if we want to win. Pekka Rinne will likely start for Nashville. Hes posted a 1.92 goals against average in 15 games this season, but allowed four goals on 26 shots in a 4-0 loss in his last matchup with Toronto on Oct. 10, 2013. Rinnes counterpart is again expected to be Jonathan Bernier, who made 36 saves in that contest and is 8-2-0 with a 1.91 GAA in 10 career starts against Nashville. The Predators have won two of the past three meetings with the Leafs. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '