Forums » Arsenal

memorable year for him on the European Tour.

• May 18, 2017 8:20 AM BST

R. T. J. Watt Steelers Jersey .A. Dickey lost on Opening Day and Jose Reyes is on the disabled list. Stop me if youve heard this one before, because amazingly its a scenario that Blue Jays fans are now experiencing for the second straight April. Add in the fact that closer Casey Janssen was placed on the DL on the eve of the season, and you could argue things are even worse than they were a year ago for the Jays. Lets get it out of the way right off the top - it was Game 1 of 162. A baseball fan wouldnt feel uncomfortable about a teams chances after just one game, right? But theres no question that theres a sense of deja vu for Toronto fans after Mondays 9-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays. Bad starting pitching last April coupled with the injury to Reyes pretty much killed the Jays chances at contending by the time the calendar flipped to May. So is it an overreaction this time around to have that same ominous feeling that this is nothing more than a continuation of last season? Sure, Tampa Bay is considered a World Series contender and theres no shame in losing to former Cy Young winner David Price. But still. In the 1989 baseball cult classic film "Major League", it was commentator Harry Doyle, played by the legendary Bob Uecker, who said "a lot of people say you can tell how the seasons gonna go by the first hitter of the year." Willie Mays Hays legged out an infield single for the Indians in the movie, then got picked off first base. On Monday, Reyes never made it that far. In the first at-bat of the Blue Jays season, he pulled up while running to first base after aggravating the hamstring injury that had been bothering him during spring training. The team placed him on the 15-day disabled list after the game, meaning it will be the middle of the month at best before we see Torontos star leadoff hitter in the lineup again. The Blue Jays will play three more games at Tropicana Field this week, a place where they have not won a series since 2007. Then its home for three against the revamped New York Yankees to close out the first week of the season. Last year the Blue Jays finished the first week with a record of 2-4, and its entirely possible they could be in that zone again. Given, its very, very early. You cant judge a major league season by the first game. But do you feel uncomfortable about the Blue Jays after witnessing their Opening Day loss? Its Your! Call. JuJu Smith-Schuster Womens Jersey . The ongoing funk on penalty kill and an unusually quiet night on home ice for the power play divided the Leafs from the Bruins at the ACC in a rare Sunday night affair. Cameron Sutton Steelers Jersey.“I always did my stuff ahead of the deadline. The best deal Ive ever done was the Darryl Sydor deal. We did that at the end of January in 04, and Syd was the missing piece.Matt Fitzpatrick believes snatching a dramatic victory at the DP World Tour Championship capped another memorable year for him on the European Tour. Two years to the day after gaining his European Tour card, Fitzpatrick capitalised on a final-hole bogey from Tyrrell Hatton to birdie the same hole and claim a one-shot victory at Jumeirah Golf Estates.Fitzpatrick closed the week on 17-under, with victory lifting him into the top 10 on the Race to Dubai and earning him a share of the $5million bonus pool. The Englishman moved top of the leaderboard with a final-hole birdie The Ryder Cup player has eclipsed Sir Nick Faldos record as the youngest Englishman to win three times on the European tour, with Fitzpatrick now looking to continue his rapid progress in 2017.To win one of these Final Series events is really special, Fitzpatrick told Sky Sports. Words cant describe it. Its not going to sink in for a while. Fitzpatrick ends the season sixth in the Race to Dubai standings Its been a special year and then to end it like this with a win is amazing. It means the world.Its two years to the day I got my card at the qualifying school. When you think about it, its crazy. Its all happened so fast. Now I feel this win gives me the confidence to push further and further and see what we can ddo next season. James Conner Steelers Jersey. European Tour Golf November 21, 2016, 4:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Hatton ended the season above Rory McIlroy in the Race to Dubai standings as a result of his runner-up finish, with the Englishman admitting losing out in such a manner was a bitter pill to swallow.The Alfred Dunhill Links Championship winner held the lead for much of the back nine until his final-hole error, but was keen to take the positives from another impressive display Tyrrell Hatton narrowly missed out on a second win of the season For me its been the best year of my life so I cant get too downbeat, Hatton said. Im sure hopefully in the future Ill take my next chance.If you told me at the start of the year I would finish fourth in the Race to Dubai I would have been surprised. Its been such a great year and Im very happy with that. Also See: Dubai delight for Fitzpatrick Race to Dubai: Final standings Final round highlights Golf live on Sky Sports Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys' ' '