Forums » Arsenal

he Canucks AHL affiliate at the time.

• May 18, 2017 8:20 AM BST

The Edmonton Oilers have had a big impact on the San Jose Sharks winning ways over the last two months and hope to buck the trend on Monday at the SAP Center.Cameron Sutton Jersey . After losing 14 times through the seasons first 24 games, San Jose has posted a 17-7-2 record - tied for the third-most wins in the NHL since Nov. 29. Edmonton (13-28-9) has supplied two of the Sharks victories in that time. After winning at home on Dec. 7, the Oilers fell in San Jose two days later and also lost at the Shark Tank on Dec. 18. They have lost their last five road contests with the Sharks and 13 of the last 14 dating back to 2008. Edmonton, 4-13-7 away from home this season, hasnt won a road game in regulation since Nov. 9, but it won back-to-back away contests in shootouts and seemed to be on the cusp of breaking its regulation skid Saturday in Calgary. But the Oilers allowed four third-period goals in a 4-2 loss. We stopped playing simple, goaltender Ben Scrivens told the Oilers official website. Youve got to give Calgary credit. They lead the league in third-period comebacks and we just added to their total by not being ready to play in the third. I dont know how many times we have to go through it before we learn our lesson. Scrivens made 29 saves but upped his GAA to 3.05, which ranks among the worst in the league. Backup Viktor Fasth has been even less effective, posting a 3.29 GAA in 19 appearances. Jordan Eberle scored his team-leading 13th goal Saturday, and has 18 points in 18 career meetings - including a seven-game point streak - against the Sharks. The Sharks (27-17-6) had lost three straight at home before beginning a stretch of seven straight at home in the middle of January. San Jose has gone 4-1-1 so far, including wins against a pair of the Western Conferences best teams in its last two. The Sharks returned from the All-Star break with a 6-3 win over NHL-best Anaheim on Thursday, then beat Chicago 2-0 on Saturday behind 31 saves from Antti Niemi. He played awesome, Brent Burns said. Hes real sturdy back there. We feel good when hes there. We know hes there to back us up if they get a good chance, and he showed it tonight. Niemi has a 2.51 goals-against average this season, but has returned to top form recently. He has posted a 1.67 GAA over the Sharks current three-game win streak, and is 5-0-1 in his last six starts. The Sharks offensive stars have also been hot of late. Joe Thornton has five points over the last three games, and Patrick Marleau, Logan Couture and Joe Pavelski have two goals apiece over the three wins. Pavelski has five goals and three assists in his last five against Edmonton. We believe were a good hockey team, Burns told the Sharks official website. Its just a matter of winning, thats all it comes down to, getting points. I think throughout the year weve had some good winning streaks. Its just about putting points in the bank every night. T. J. Watt Steelers Jersey . Thats what he did over the past 2 1/2 years with the Washington Wizards. Wittmans approach helped turn the Wizards from pushover to playoff winners. T. J. Watt Jersey . Granada defender Diego Mainz barged into the back of Villa to send the Spain striker to the ground inside the area and Costa stepped up to the spot to score his 12th league goal in the 38th minute. Costa showed no effects of the news that his Brazilian citizenship may be revoked after he elected to play for Spains national team, as the forward was a constant threat for Atletico and forced several saves from goalkeeper Roberto.MONTREAL -- The wild fans, the history and the weight of expectations make the Montreal Canadiens a demanding team for any hockey coach, especially those with no NHL experience. But three who were in that position in the late 1990s and early 2000s -- Alain Vigneault, Michel Therrien and Claude Julien -- have gone on to do some impressive things in the NHL. A victory in the Eastern Conference final between Vigneaults New York Rangers and Therrien, in his second stint with Montreal, will put one of them in a Stanley Cup final. Between the three men, they will have been to the final five times. In 2008, Therrien reached the final with the Pittsburgh Penguins, losing in six games to the Detroit Red Wings. In 2011, Juliens Boston Bruins defeated Vigneaults Vancouver Canucks to claim the Stanley Cup. And in 2013, Julien had the Bruins back in the final only to lose to the Chicago Blackhawks. All three have credited the chance they got to coach middling-to-weak Montreal teams with their later success, even if their head coaching prospects were in doubt when they were eventually let go by the Canadiens. "You never know about the future," said the 50-year-old Therrien, whose team is coming off a second-round win over Juliens Bruins. "We learned a lot when we were young and that goes with experience. "Having to deal a lot with you (reporters) is a big part of our job. But it goes through a process. It goes with experience. Myself, Alain, Claude, we were young coaches at the time and we learned a lot. We started in Montreal and, Alain and me, we almost took the same route. We went back to the minors and went back to junior and the American League. "So Im glad for the success (Vigneault) had in Vancouver and New York. That was a great learning experience as a young coach to start in Montreal." There were actually four inexperienced coaches in a row, as Mario Tremblay got it started when he replaced Jacques Demers in 1995. But while Tremblay later worked as an assistant, he never got another head coaching job. In 1997, Tremblay was replaced by Vigneault, a former Ottawa Senators assistant who had been coaching in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Viggneault was replaced midway through the 2000-01 campaign by Therrien, who in turn lost his job to Julien in 2003. JuJu Smith-Schuster Womens Jersey. Vigneault was out of coaching for two seasons but returned with the junior P.E.I. Rocket before being named head coach of the Manitoba Moose, the Canucks AHL affiliate at the time. He was promoted to the Vancouver job to start the 2006-07 season and promptly took the Canucks to a division title and got the Jack Adams Trophy as NHL coach of the year, beating out Therrien and Buffalos Lindy Ruff. The Quebec City natives Canucks finished first overall in the NHL twice. But a drop-off last season saw Vancouver opt for former Rangers coach John Tortorella while Vigneault signed a five-year deal with New York. Now Vigneaults looking for another trip to the final. "My first NHL gig as a head coach was in a beautiful place, a Canadian city where hockey is passionate, hockey is demanding," the 53-year-old said. "Expectations were always very high, so I learned a lot. "I worked with some great people. It took me six years to get another kick at the can and obviously when I got my other chance, I used my experience in Montreal and my experience of going back to junior and also going to the American League and tried to help my new NHL team the best way I could. Now, this year, the Rangers have given me another opportunity and thats what Im trying to do." When Therrien left Montreal, he got a job coaching the Penguins farm club in Wilkes-Barre and was promoted to the NHL club on Dec. 15, 2005. He was fired suddenly on Feb. 15, 2009, one season after going to the final, in favour of Dan Bylsma. The new coach got Pittsburgh back to the final and avenged the defeat of Therriens team the year before by beating the Red Wings for the Cup. Therrien worked in television while waiting for his next chance, which came when new general manager Marc Bergevin hired him to return to the Canadiens at the start of last season. After Montreal, Julien was hired by the New Jersey Devils, but he also fell victim to a surprise firing late in the 2006-07 season despite a 47-24-8 record. The Bruins snapped him up the following season. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '